Saturday, July 28, 2012

Oh BOY!!!

Wow, I can't believe that it has been almost a year since my last blog. I have been pretty busy...and pregnant. Chad and I found out we were expecting late December, and we are now less than a month away from meeting our baby boy! We have decided to name him Alex, and are still undecided on a middle name. As of right now, I am scheduled for a c-section on August 20th. I am starting to get a little overwhelmed with emotion and nervous as to what next month will bring. I have a lot going on. I was accepted to nursing school in May, and clinicals begin this fall semester, which begins August 15th. I have prayed every day for guidance and for God to give me all the tools I need to make it through the semester. I didn't start taking Natalie to the sitter until she was 8 months old. I took a semester off to be home with her. I can't do the same this semester...it was a pretty big deal and blessing to be accepted into nursing school, and I need to think about the future. I want my children to look at my accomplishments one day and be proud of their mommy. I am so thankful to have such an amazing man by my side that has been so supportive throughout our marriage and helps me reach my goals because he believes in me. With all that said, I CAN'T take a semester off to stay home with Alex, so I will be leaving him at just a few weeks old. It breaks my heart to even think about it. It makes me sick...but I know that it will all be ok. I could use a little extra prayers sent up for me, though.

So I packed his hospital bag today...just in case. I will pack my bag this weekend. At every doctor's appointment I go to I hear how BIG he is, and I'm hoping maybe he will be ready to make his appearance soon. Not only is HE big, but this mommy is HUGE. I am so exhausted every day and I feel like I can't get anything done without feeling like I just ran a marathon. My feet and hands swell so much throughout the day, and by the end of the day I am pooped....even when I haven't done anything. So I am ready. I am 36 weeks today, so one more week and I will be trying any and all the "tricks" to get him to come! I know none of them will work, but it will be fun to try. :)

Natalie has been a little confused about the whole thing, or at least she was. When we first told her she was going to be a big sister, she insisted that she was going to have a little sister, and when we found out it was a boy and broke the news to her, she was in denial. She would tell us that she didn't want a baby brother, she wanted a baby sister. (Her daddy wanted another little girl too) But now we all can't wait to meet our little man. She kisses my belly all the time now and tells me that she loves her baby Alex. I can't wait to see her face when she sees him. She loves her big brother so much, and I know she is going to love her little brother just as much. As far as her wishes for a sister, she is going to have to get used to only having one sister, because I think we are done having babies.....Natalie and Alex are not even going to be 3 years apart, and we think that is the perfect age difference for them to grow up close. So as of now, our minds are made up that we are not having anymore. That may change in the future, after I gradate, but it's not likely. We will see....

I hope to be updating this a lot more now that we have another little one on the way. I really wish I was documenting more of Natalie's life on here also, so I need to work on that... but not tonight. It's almost 1:30 in the morning and I am so tired....if only I could get some sleep. Oh well, at least I'll get some rest.

Good night!

0 comments: