Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Can you just stay little forever??

Well, since it rained today, I figured I'd write a blog...rainy days are always good for writing or reading. My little princess is taking a nap, and although I am tempted to cuddle up next to her and take a nap myself, I am not going to. A lot has been going on since my last post. I was in the emergency room a couple weeks ago with major pain in my back, chest and right shoulder. Turns out the gallstones are back. Yay. So I have to have surgery, which I really don't want to do. I know that it is the best thing to do, and is necessary, but I am just so scared to have any kind of surgery now that I have Natalie. I am terrified of something going wrong and leaving my baby behind without her mommy. So I have been trying to put it off, but the pain just won't subside and it looks like God is going to force me into the operating room......

On a happier note (somewhat) Natalie is getting sooooo big. She is such a big girl now, or at least she thinks so. She is the most independent little girl I have ever known. Sometimes I wish she were a little more dependent on me still. I just want her to stay little forever. She is partially potty trained. I need to be more consistent with the training. If I were more consistent she would be totally potty trained already, but I haven't been doing the greatest job at it, which I should be doing, since I am home with her every day. Oh yeah, I got a job for a few months. I don't remember if I blogged since then, but I tried out the whole job thing again after 2 years of being a full time wife, mommy and student. I liked the work. I loved the people. I loved feeling productive in the office world again. However, I HATED leaving Natalie all day. I hated that I missed so much while I was gone. I hated coming home and only being able to spend a couple of hours with her before putting her to bed. I also hated that it affected my grades. I got C's last semester, and I am not a C student. I just didn't want to study and do homework when I got home from work. All I wanted to do was hang out with Chad and Natalie and just enjoy my time with them. So...I quit. I quit my job and am now home with my little girl again. I am so thankful to God and my wonderful husband that I am able to stay home with her. I am so blessed. God is good.

So, back to how she is growing waaay too fast. She now talks soooo much. She repeats everything you say and can sing her ABC's up to the letter "I". We are working on the rest....She is so beautiful. Every time I look at her I can't help but thank God for giving me this beautiful, happy, hyper little girl. She is my medicine when I am not feeling well. She makes everything better. BUT.....we need to have a little talk soon. She loves her daddy so much more than me. And although I can't deny that I am totally jealous, it also makes me happy to see how much they love each other. She sees him and her face lights up. She is definitely daddy's little girl. She has a lot of his traits also. She is so full of energy. By that I mean she is just plain hyper! She will not sit still for anything and she is such a little ham. She is her daddy's child. I took her to get pictures taken last week. She is even starting to look like him...


I know...she's precious.

So now that she is getting so big, we decided it was time for a semi-big girl toy. After buying one on a whim, I decided to return it the next day and look into getting one that would really grow with her and that she will love and appreciate even more when she is a little bigger. So this is what I found, fell in love with, and ordered for her:

What do yall think? I can't wait to see her face when it comes in!!!

Well, the little monster is up now, and I am going to get us ready for our night on the town. Ha! We are going bowling with some good friends. Ready to get out of the house on this rainy day.

Stay dry!

0 comments: