Friday, January 22, 2010

Moooooooooo

Photobucket

That is what I feel like...a cow. In every sense of the word. We've had a pretty hard time getting Natalie to sleep at night....but when we do get her to sleep, she sleeps through the night....most of the time. So I don't wake her up to eat, but since I am breastfeeding, I still have to get up and pump. I have to admit, I haven't been doing it lately, and it is really necessary to keep up my milk supply, so I am going to try harder to wake up even when she is sound asleep.
It is really important to both Chad and I to breastfeed Natalie rather than giver her formula because of all the benefits it has for her. So for as long as the good Lord gives me milk...or until she can talk (whichever comes first) Mommy's milk will be the only thing on the menu. That is, until I start introducing solids. :o)

So back to the cow thing...it's so amazing how God built women to be such "natural providers" for their children, but really, I feel like a cow. I've never milked a cow before, and I'm sure that cows aren't necessarily milked with pumps, but if I had and if they were, I'm sure this is what it would feel/look like. I have lost most of my pregnancy weight, but still haven't managed to lose all of it, so I decided to start weight watchers tomorrow and try to fit in some exercise during the day even if that means just taking a walk in the park with Natalie on most days. I really want to get back down to the size I was before (and smaller). I am going to set my goal to lose 10 lbs this month. Then I will set another goal for the next month, so wish me luck.

I am clocking back out for another 3 hours...back to dreamland I go.


0 comments: