Thursday, January 21, 2010

"The worst feature of a new baby is its mother's singing”

This is sooo true...Chad is a lucky man that he works most of the day and doesn't have to be here to listen to me almost break windows while I'm singing to our daughter. I could do it forever though. I sometimes wonder if it hurts her ears as much as it hurts everyone else's, but then I look down and see her sleeping so peacefully and realize that all that matters to her is that she hears my voice and that I am close to her. I fed her and put her down for a nap. This is the time where everyone says I should also sleep, but I always sit there and stare at her for a few minutes after she falls asleep and somehow the sleepiness goes away and I am filled with this wonderful feeling. Being a mom has already exhausted me to no end and it's only been 6 weeks, but I wouldn't change it for the world. It is the most rewarding job I've had in my life...
She started smiling this week. Really smiling. She was smiling the first week she was born, but I don't think she knew what was going on around her. Now she smiles sometimes when I talk to her and play with her. It melts my heart to see that smile. It's already got me hooked and it's contagious. She smiles, and both Chad and I smile...
He is great with her...and with me...sometimes I think I don't deserve how great he is to me. I can be a little difficult to deal with. I am trying to get better...I am. But for now, he still puts up with me and is great with us. Watching him hold Natalie and talk to her is probably as equally amazing as just watching her, if not more. He gets this look on his face that I have never seen. It somewhat resembles the look he had on his face as I was walking down the isle to him, but different. He loves her...It shows in his eyes how much he loves her. It's amazing to watch them...amazing.

Photobucket

I am going to get something to eat before she wakes up again...maybe I will have some more to write later. I am sure that now I will keep my promise to write more...I have so much to share about Natalie that I don't want to keep inside.

Truly Blessed,


0 comments: