Friday, January 22, 2010

“The worst moment for the atheist is when he is really thankful and has nobody to thank”

I just got home from a delicious steak dinner with my two brothers-in-law and Natalie. She was pretty well behaved at dinner...only a couple of crying episodes, but because she was hungry. Once I fed her she was great. I love her.
I have been thinking a lot this week about the last topic at our small group. One of the questions "Crazy Love" asks is 'What would be the first thing you would say to the Lord as you were standing before his throne?' Right away, the words 'thank you' came to my head. I have so much to be thankful for. My life has made a complete 180 in the past 5 or so years...I have made a complete 180. I have an amazing family, great friends, and have been blessed with a wonderful husband who loves me and loves God, and the most beautiful little girl that will grow up to know God and all that he has and will continue to bless her with. I am healthy for the most part, I am happy, and I am alive. Not just living, but truly ALIVE. So yes, the one most important thing I would have to say to our wonderful God as I stood before him would definitely be THANK YOU. Thank you, thank you, thank you. Thank you for this wonderful life you have given me, and thank you for loving me like only You can.
My 'thank you' would be followed by 'I'm sorry'. I'm sorry for taking it for granted so many times. I'm sorry for being selfish, and sometimes vain, and for forgetting that my life is not really mine. I'm sorry for trying to take a few turns in the opposite direction you were leading. I'm sorry for maybe not loving you enough.
So there it is....that is what I would say. What would you say?

It's time for me to try to clean up a little around the house (yes, at 10:30pm). Natalie is sleeping...for a little while at least...so I am going to take advantage of that and maybe get something done around here. I hate seeing my house in such a mess.

Signing out,

0 comments: